- D.A.R.E. - The Wellington Police Department D.A.R.E. program is coordinated by Officer Bobby Wilson.
- Blood Pressure Check - conducted at the Wellington Fire/EMS Department. For more information call 326-7443
- Home Energy Audit - receive a report on the time of return for dollars invested in weatherproofing or insulating your home
- Kill-A-Watt - a device that measures the kilowatts used for a particular appliance in your home
- Airport courtesy car - available for the patrons use and convenience from the airport
- Compost Site - help relieve the amount of debris that was going to the landfill
- WALT Wellington Area Local Transit Half Fare Program - Individuals who qualify ride buses for one-half the regular fare.
- Trash Bags - $5.55/roll 50ct
- Whole House Surge Protectors - contact Elec. Dist. 326-7211
- Crime stoppers - 326-3135 / 1-800-222-TIPS. If your information leads to an arrest, you could be eligible for a cash reward and no one will ask for your name.
- Juvenile Fire setter Program- If you know of any child that has a problem setting fires contact the fire department. The fire department has members of its staff training to help kids through this problem
- Recycle Center - help reduce the amount of trash going to the landfill -- 217 N. Washington
- NRP - This plan is intended to promote the revitalization of the area of Sumner County through the rehabilitation, conservation or redevelopment of the area in order to protect the public health, safety or welfare of the residents of the County.
- Sidewalk Program - program to assist City residential property owners in replacing old and/or damaged sidewalks
- Cell Phones For Soldiers - Cell Phones for Soldiers hopes to turn old cell phones into more than 12 million minutes of prepaid calling cards for U.S. troops
- Firefighter Reserve Program - This program is a program designed to supplement the fire department’s personnel with part-time employees or citizens that what to help support the fire department. This is done by joining the Reserve Program. Contact Bill Hellard at the fire station for more information
- Community Service - this application must be completed and returned to Jeremy Jones at the Public Works Department (620) 326 7831 for approval prior to any community service work for the City. This completed form must be presented at the job site.
Smoke Detectors - distributed to families needed them through donations to the Nichols Fund. Anyone needing a smoke detector, information on installing a smoke detector or would like to donate to the fund can contact the fire department.
- Fire Extinguisher Training - Training on the use of fire extinguishers is offered to the local businesses. The extinguishers must be furnished by the company. For more information contact the fire department
| || |