The Cemetery Department is responsible for Prairie Lawn Cemetery and the Pioneer Cemetery.
Prairie Lawn Cemetery is located at 1422 E. Harvey Ave. and covers approximately 43.6 acres. Prairie Lawn was opened in 1883. Prairie Lawn has a mausoleum and a columbarium located on the grounds. The cemetery averages approximately 58 burials per year.
- Mausoleum – 184 crypts upper and 222 crypts lower. Constructed in 1921.
- Columbarium – 48 niche. Constructed in 2018.
Pioneer Cemetery is located at 920 N. Woodlawn Ave. and covers approximately 2.8 acres. It was opened in 1872. The last burial at the Pioneer Cemetery occurred in 2004.
The Cemetery Department is a sub-department under Public Works. The Cemetery Department consists of a Sexton and one staff member. There are also seasonal positions in the summer.